eShapeOko

A last week my eShapeOko kit arrived!

I was planning on doing a nice build log however the instructions were easy to follow, so I didn't think I would add anything of use. I had been a little apprehensive about building a cnc but the mechanical side all went together in a couple of evenings with out any problems.

There were a few holes to tap in the maker slide and for some belt tensioners, so other than a tap the only tools required were a couple of allen keys and an 8mm spanner.



:D


I went for:
Dual X rail upgrade
Dual Y drive
Extended Y (495mm long)
Nema 23 steppers

One part to note was the nema 23 is slightly different than the nema 17 motors for the x drive. A set of 5mm(?) nylon spacers are provided to lift the nema 23 from the plate to make room for the idler wheel bolt heads.


better x pic here

Next step is the control electronics!

Comments

Popular Posts