eShapeOko - update and test run video


It's been far too long since I updated this page, mostly because I was originally using this as a way to structure the problems I was having with electrics rather and a nice build log.

Problems and solutions:
  • I had several issues with the y axis, I couldn't get both motors to turn the same way all the time and it would occasional trip the power supply. With two intermittent problem I stalled a little, which meant I'd forgotten half the symptoms and tests I'd run previously.
    • My first power supply was from an old pc, it was fine testing all the motors and drivers, running the x axis and the y with a single motor but would sometimes pop off when running the dual y axis, took me a little while to twig. I'd bought a power supply with the eShapeOko but had been using the lower voltage supply while it was only moving a pencil around.
    • To muddy the water I had at some point damaged two of my drivers, they still drove the steppers but wouldn't change direction. As bad luck would have it I been swapped between the two damaged ones and was looking for damage to the shield, arduino, gcode sender, motors etc. Anyway two new drivers and it worked perfectly.
  
Updates:

A lot of time has  passed, movement had been slow for a while due to the above issue draining my limited reserves of patience. But since things were sorted I've started tidying the cabling and adding the end stops. The calibration is close to perfect, but a little tweaking is required. Once it's dry outside I'll be putting the dremel on for some milling trails but in the mean time I'm looking into a high(ish) wattage laser for engraving.

And here's a video of an early run... OoooOooooooo... 


Comments

Popular Posts