Book shelf

A little book shelf I built a while ago.





I used my laser to do some bits, I found the design on the internet...
 Sorry I don't have the link to thank the person who drew it. I'll update this when I find it again.





I got some life out of my cnc mill, it's the shield design from Whiterun!
The milled out area was filled with an epoxy and black oil paint mix. That wasn't a good idea and it took a long time (weeks) before it stop feeling a little sticky.







My favourite part was hammered copper! I saw this on a Make Inspired to make video on youtube:
Wire Inlay: Inspired to Make



I used this copper: https://amzn.to/2TTF5Tr

Oak is not a good wood for this, it's very hard. I was also laying the copper in very deep so it took a long time and a lot of work. I cut the initial design with a chisel then tried to open it up with larger chisels and screw drivers and anything else I had to hand. Inserted the copper and bashed it down.

I do like the results though. Next time I'll get the cnc to mill a thin channel which would make the process much easier.



Comments

Popular Posts